TASTE OUR WINES

E-shop

Expériences

Visite

2019

La Vallée

CRU DES COTES DU RHONE CAIRANNE WHITE

This wine is an invitation to explore a geologically unique terroir in Cairanne, the Gayère Valley, renowned for the freshness of its marbled clay.

THE 2019 VINTAGE

The summer of 2019 was excessively hot and produced excellent levels of maturity. The Clairette stood out particularly in this vintage for its fresh notes of fennel and lime blossom. It brings a minerality and tension that it draws from the cool depths of the Gayère Valley. The Roussanne gives body and depth to the wine, and its aromatic notes come principally from the Viognier.

It is very pale in colour, with golden reflections. The nose, typical of Clairette and Viognier, develops aromas of ripe fruit, apricot and sage, lifted by citrus notes.  The sensation of tension and minerality is immediate in the mouth. The palate and structured by subtle oak ageing, with notes of hazelnut, and elegant aromas of honey and elderflower on the finish. La Vallée 2019 is a permanent invitation to explore all the nuances of these Rhone Valley grapes, just waiting to be discovered. All in finesse and elegance, the profile of La Vallée 2019 is mineral with lightly oaky notes, the pure expression of the upper slopes of the Gayère.

From 22,00

Clear
SKU: N/A Category:
Weight N/A
Blend

Clairette, Roussanne, Viognier, Grenache blanc

Format

75cl

Bottles number

9 500

ABV

14%

Reviews

There are no reviews yet.

Be the first to review “La Vallée”

Votre adresse e-mail ne sera pas publiée. Les champs obligatoires sont indiqués avec *

Download the technical sheet

THE TERROIR

The Gayère Valley takes its name from river that runs through it. It is renowned for the freshness of its marbled clay soils which make it an ideal terroir for gastronomic, fresh, and elegant white wines. Situated to the south of the village of Cairanne, below the road that runs from Cairanne to Rasteau, this terroir is made up of colluvions rich in moisture retaining silt, with few stones but occasional gravel and pebbles. The clay is marbled, with limestone nodules and abundant pseudo-mycelia, forming substrata that enable to vines to suffer from only moderate hydric stress.

Parcel numbers

Clairette n°50
Roussanne n°29 & 49
Viognier n°30

Age of vines

10 years

Altitude

130m

Yield

40 hL/ha

HARVESTING & VINIFICATION

The grape bunches are picked whole, by hand, into small crates of 16kg maximum, in the cool of the early morning for these exceptional parcels.

On arrival at the cellar the grapes pass into a vibrating hopper to preserve the integrity of the berries. They are then entirely destemmed. Following this they are directly pressed in an axially fed, closed cage pneumatic press. The whole process is gravity fed. Only the core of the press wine is retained from 0.6 bars.

The juice is then cold settled at 12°C, to retain only the fine lees, and seeded with selected yeasts. Fermentation takes place in thermo-regulated conditions stainless steel vats at 14-18°C with macro-oxygenation throughout. We preserve the natural levels of malic acid by blocking malolactic fermentation. The lees are stirred into suspension before the wine is racked and then aged on fine lees.

30% of the blend is aged for 9 months in new barrels from three cooperages, selected for their unique aromatic character. The remaining 70% is matured in stainless steel vats.

Harvest date

Clairette : 19-20 sept. 2019
Roussanne : 12-13 sept. 2019
Viognier : 5 sept. 2019

Temperature of grapes at reception

15°C

ENJOYING IT AT ITS BEST

The ideal serving temperature is 11 / 12°C.

La Vallée 2019 can be consumed immediately or be cellared for up to five years.  It is the perfect companion for trout gravlax, veal roasted in a herb crust, or an exotic fruit pavlova.

TASTING NOTES

96/100 – IWC 2020
Trophy Winner – Best Rhone Valley White

“Lemon sherbet on the nose with lime blossom and quince, orange peel, fennel and pink grapefruit on the palate. Bite and persistence, with juicy texture and superb acidity. Good potential for ageing. Powerful and well balanced”

John Worontschak & Jamie Goode

ANALYSIS

Residual sugar

Final filtration

Tartaric stabilisation

Protein stabilisation

Total acidity

pH

Malic Acid

< 2g/L

0,65 microns

10 g/hl

40 g /hl

3,57 g H2SO4/L

3,48

1,6 g/L

TASTING VIDEO

La Vallée 2019 by E.COUZI

OUR CREATIVE FINE WINES

Discover our other creations

LA MONTAGNE
AOC Cairanne Red

LES COLLINES
AOC Rasteau Red

LE PLAN
AOC Plan de Dieu Red

Vous devez avoir 18 ans pour visiter ce site.

Vérifiez votre age

- -